The majority of youth offense cases are found not guilty at 56%, though that still leaves you with a 44% of being convicted. Do not let the statistics deter you from seeking proper representation in court. The lawyers at Shory Law are prepared to ensure you end up in the 56% of not guilty youth offense cases. Contact us today about your case to get started.

What Is a Youth Offense?

Youth offenses include most, if not all, of the offenses included in the Criminal Code for adults. The difference is that the Youth Criminal Justice Acts invents rules that specify acts performed people between 12 and 17 years old be treated differently.

The acts that fall under the title of a youth offense include:

  • Robbery
  • Battery
  • Gang-related offenses
  • Vandalism
  • Shoplifting
  • Murder
  • Assault
  • Drug crimes
  • Theft

There are more crimes that can be described as a youth offense. The list above includes a broader range of acts. However, you can expect that any charge to a minor is considered a youth offense.

You can expect a sentencing from a youth offense to include a form of rehabilitation and reintegration with monitoring of the progress along the way. The purpose focuses more on reentering society as a law-abiding citizen as opposed to time spent in jail.

Shory Law Can Represent You Regarding Your Youth Offense

Contact Shory Law today about your youth offense and we will devise the best course of action forward. It is important that you understand the consequences that choosing no representation or being misrepresented can give to you. Shory Law will fight to minimize the sentence as much as possible and prevent any crimes from appearing on the criminal record.

Get social and stay up to date with our community involvement:

Shory Law Is Here to Help against Your Youth Offence Case

Do not settle for the sentence you have been given. Fight it with Shory Law at your side. We will do all we can—scanning the legal code, gathering evidence, dismissing evidence, and more—to uphold your rights and create the best-case scenario for your situation. Call us today at: +1 (403) 216-1199 or click the button below to fill out an online form and our office will reach out to you directly!


Can youth be tried as adults in Canada?

In Canada, the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) governs the treatment of young persons (between the ages of 12 and 17) involved in the criminal justice system. While the focus is on rehabilitation and reintegration, there are circumstances where a youth may be tried as an adult if the offence is deemed serious and transferred to adult court.

Does your criminal record get wiped at 18 in Canada?

No, a criminal record in Canada does not automatically get wiped at the age of 18. However, the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) treats youth records differently from adult records. Generally, most youth records are not disclosed once a person reaches the age of 18. However, there are exceptions for more serious offenses, and in some cases, a youth record can be considered for certain purposes, such as sentencing, if it is relevant to the case.

How long does a criminal record check last in Canada?

In Canada, a criminal record check does not have a specific expiration date. Once a criminal record is created, it remains on file indefinitely. However, for most practical purposes, such as employment or volunteer opportunities, the focus is generally on recent criminal activity.

Contact Us Today