As a foreign entrepreneur with an innovative business idea, you may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through the Start-Up Visa program. This program is a popular pathway to Permanent Residency in Canada for foreign entrepreneurs. In order to be eligible under this program your business idea must be innovative and stimulate the Canadian economy by generating employment opportunities for its residents. Further eligibility criteria is listed below:
- have a qualifying business
- have a letter of support from a designated entity
- meet the language requirements, and
- the monetary requirements under this program to settle and live in Canada.
If you think you meet the criteria mentioned above and are willing to move to Canada as an entrepreneur, feel free to contact us for a free assessment of your business plan and profile.
Am I eligible to immigrate to Canada as a self-employed person?
To qualify as a self-employed person, you must show that you have at least two years of experience in cultural or athletic life, score a minimum of 35 points on selection criteria and you intend to work as a self-employed individual in Canada. To determine whether you qualify to immigrate as a self-employed person, contact us!
Is there a net worth eligibility for applying for Canadian business visa programs?
Yes, there is a networth eligibility for applying for a business visa program. Each province has its own minimum net worth requirement. If you’re willing to apply for a business visa, please contact our office for a direct appointment with our team.
Planning to visit Canada for international business activities? From extensive information on eligibility, permissibility and admissibility to helping you get an electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), Shory Law can guide you through the process of entering Canada as a business visitor. If you think your visit to Canada aligns with the points listed below, feel free to contact our office:
- Visiting for a short term (from a few weeks to a maximum period of up to six months) to advance your business ties.
- Visiting to take part in international business activities without being a part of the Canadian Labour Market.
- Visiting to explore investment opportunities and grow your business.
Who needs a business visitor visa?
If your visit to Canada falls under the below-mentioned categories, you are viewed as a business visitor:
- Visit to participate in international business activities without being part of the Canadian labour market
- Temporary visits to invest and advance business ties.
How do I qualify for a Canadian business visa?
To qualify as a business visitor to Canada, you must show, among other things:
- You will leave Canada within 6 months.
- You do not plan to enter the Canadian labour market
- Your principal place of business, source of income and profits is outside Canada.
What are the best ways for entrepreneurs to immigrate to Canada?
Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur, Graduate Entrepreneur Stream, Start-up Visa etc. are some of the common business immigration programs through which foreign entrepreneurs can immigrate to Canada.
Contact our office to schedule an in-person meeting to discuss the best available option for you and your family to start your business in Canada.
What activities am I allowed to conduct as a business visitor in Canada?
Few examples of activities that you may conduct as business visitor in Canada:
- Buying Canadian goods or services for a foreign business or government
- Taking orders for goods or services
- Going to meetings, conferences, conventions or trade fairs
However, the above list is not exhaustive. Kindly contact our office to know more about the nature of activities you may conduct on your Canadian business visa.
How do I qualify, as an investor, for the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program?
This program has multiple streams namely, Rural Entrepreneur Stream, Graduate Entrepreneur Stream, Farm Stream, Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream, for entrepreneurs who plan to buy and start a business and live in Alberta. If you’re interested in knowing more about a particular stream, contact our office for an appointment.