Established in 1998, we are a firm that is built on a foundation of collaboration and cooperation and we take on challenges together. We offer support to all team members at every stage of their career. Flexible and supportive, we know that life continues outside of office hours—and we believe people do their best work when they live a healthy, balanced life.
We are a growing, dynamic firm and are currently seeking for a self-driven Family Law and Litigation legal assistant to join our growing team. The successful candidate will independently manage the daily activities of two lawyers.
Our Legal Assistant is responsible for providing legal and administrative support to the lawyers. The successful candidate will have intermediate to advanced knowledge of the legal process and procedures. Candidates are required to have a high level of organization, initiative, and time management skills.
Primary Duties Include but Not Limited to:
- Preparing, drafting, and revising legal documents and letters independently with minimal direction;
- Compile draft pleadings including Affidavits of Records;
- Assisting with trial preparation, examinations and briefs as required;
- Coordinating the flow of documents between internal and external clients at all levels;
- Working proactively and initiating follow up actions to expedite the flow of work in the practice group;
- Day to day management of files including communications with clients, various levels within the business unit, and various levels of Court;
- Managing correspondence, booking, and scheduling appointments, account billings and daily filing;
- Other general duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Preferred minimum 3+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Legal Assistant Diploma would be considered as an asset;
- Experience in Family and Litigation environments is considered an asset;
- Post-secondary education;
- Ability to adapt to a fast-growing environment;
- Excellent knowledge of the Alberta Rules of Court and related statutes;
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with lawyers and clients
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying high attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills;
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software
Interested candidates please forward the following documents in confidence to email@example.com:
- Resume + Cover Letter
- Writing Sample