Jatin Shory is an immigration lawyer in Canada who fights for his clients in various immigration and refugee matters across the country. His experience crosses into both the litigation and business immigration space.
Jatin has assisted many clients across Canada, specifically, in appealing various spousal sponsorship refusals or loss of status determinations for those in Canada to the Immigration Appeal Division, submitting applications for permanent resident status on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, and taking negative decisions including those issued on Pre-removal risk assessments, visitor visa, study permits, work permits and at tribunal hearings to the Federal Court of Canada. He also handles various border matters at the Immigration Division including detentions, removals, emergency stay of removal applications, inadmissibility to Canada, and temporary resident permits.
When it comes to business immigration, Jatin’s experience primarily focuses on helping Start Ups enter the Canadian market, or companies expand into Canada with the migration of their talent. Shory Law has experience working with Canadian and provincial government stakeholders, navigating through various polices that facilitate the movement of temporary foreign workers, and attaining permanent residency through Canada’s economic immigration pathways.
Jatin began his journey in immigration law by joining his family firm and developing the immigration practice. Since creating this practice, Jatin has continued to pursue opportunities that allow him to become actively involved in his community. This includes volunteering his time with various pro-bono legal clinics, immigration settlement organizations, and as an Executive Member of the Canadian Bar Association Alberta South Immigration Section.
Jatin Shory has also been called in the past to the Canadian House of Commons to provide witness testimony on current immigration policy and procedures.
- Board of Directors, Calgary Bridge Foundation for the Youth
- Adjunct Instructor, Queen’s University, Graduate Diploma in Citizenship and Immigration Law
- Table Officer (2023/24), Secretary and Communications Officer, Canadian Bar Association National Immigration Section
- Past-Chair (2023/24), Canadian Bar Association Alberta Immigration Section (South)
- Chair (2022/23), Canadian Bar Association Alberta Immigration Section (South)
- Youth Mentor, Calgary Centre For Newcomers – RealMe Program
- Pro-bono lawyer, Calgary Legal Guidance (CLG)
- Pro-bono lawyer, Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association
- Pro-bono lawyer, Centre for Newcomers
- Member, Legal Aid Alberta
In the media:
- December 17, 2019: RedFM 106.7 Calgary
- January 6, 2020: RedFM 106.7 Calgary
- March 30, 2020: RedFM 106.7 Calgary
- November 22, 2020: Global News CHQR 770
- February 2, 2022: CTV News
- October 8, 2022: RedFM 106.7 Calgary
- October 12, 2022: CBC News
- January 20, 2023: CBC News
- June 17, 2023: CBC News
- September 29, 2023: CBC News